Welcome to day #6 of our journey through the Chakras, specifically during pregnancy, birth and postpartum healing. Today, we are covering the sixth Chakra: the Third Eye.
Day 6: Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra governs intuition and imagination. Pregnancy and Birth are very spiritual experiences; especially if we embrace their spiritual aspects. Sure, there are some aspects that aren’t so awesome – For me, I have a daily ritual of getting “sick” every single morning before I even have a chance to fully wake up in the first trimester; I have to pee (what seems like) every 5 minutes; and no one warned me that there would be about a 50/50 chance that I would fart every time I stood up from sitting down too long (THAT one’s fun!).
But in all honesty – most aspects of the pregnancy and birthing process have been amazing for me. During my daughter’s birth (first born), I actually felt the Goddess Brigid with me, acting as an invisible Doula when I needed strength to push through my 30-hour, induced labor. I’ve felt myself grow spiritually with every pregnancy. I’ve also been able to connect to my body in ways I didn’t know were possible – it’s a lot easier now for me to tell when I have a vitamin deficiency, or need extra sleep, or am at the start of a cold. My intuition has grown tremendously thanks to these journeys!
There are some great holistic activites you can do throughout pregnancy and the postpartum healing phase that can help you expand on your intuition and get intouch with (and balance!) your Third Eye Chakra:
- Use a holistic healing tool as regularly as possible, such as Tarot or Oracle Cards, or a Pendulum. Using a divination tool for guidance can help unlock your intution. If you aren’t as familiar with using one of these tools (or they don’t necessarily appeal to you), that’s okay! You can subsitute an Affirmation Deck (this would be a deck of cards with positive affirmations) or start a daily Gratitude Journal, to help bring self-awareness to your journey.
- Start a daily meditation practice, or meditate as often as you can. I know a daily practice seems overwhelming, but it does help! It will not only balance your Third Eye Chakra by expanding both your intuition and imagination, but it will help keep your stress levels down. If you’re new to meditation, I highly recommend starting with a phone app – I’ve reviewed and recommended some great ones in this post HERE.
Crystals for balancing the Third Eye Chakra:
- Sodalite – This lovely crystal helps boost intuition, support meditation and quiet an overactive mind.
- Lapis Lazuli – Lapis is combination of minerals (including Calcite and Pyrite) and is another great meditative stone. It is also a powerful aura cleanser and is thought to block negative energies. I give my tumbled Lapis a squeeze whenever I’m feeling stressed or worried.
- Amethyst – Amethyst is a highly spiritual stone, helping to connect us to our Higher Selves and open our intuitive abilities. It’s also a wonderful “peace” stone and is thought to assist with promoting more restful sleep.
Essential Oils for balancing the Third Eye Chakra:
- Lavender – Lavender is the “Amethyst” of essential oils! 🙂 Diffusing lavender before bed can help us wind-down and fall into a more peaceful sleep. It is also a wonderful oil to diffuse during meditation (my favorite combo is lavender & lemon!).
*Please stick with aromatic use or be sure to dilute appropriately for topical use! Pregnant mommas are super-sensitive to EO’s. 🙂
Tomorrow we’ll cover the Crown Chakra (our last one)! ❤ Remember to take care of yourselves, lovelies!
Brightest Blessings, -Cory Gunn, CCH
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: None of the health topics presented here have been evaluated or approved by the FDA and should NOT be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your licensed physician regarding medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Use your best judgment, lovelies! ❤