Welcome to day #4 of our journey through the Chakras, specifically during pregnancy, birth and postpartum healing. Today, we are covering the fourth Chakra: the Heart.
Day 4: Heart Chakra
As mentioned in the Introduction post, the Heart Chakra governs love and relationships of all types. During this last pregnancy, I’ve been finding myself short-tempered and simply NOT a loving person to be around! Taking the time to balance out this Chakra has helped bring me back into alignment as a caring individual. 🙂
I find one of the best activities for balancing the Heart Chakra is dancing! When I’m feeling upset or disconnected emotionally, I’ll put on my kiddos’ iTunes playlist and ask them to dance around with me. The current favorites in the house are:
- DNCE’s “Cake by the Ocean”
- Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
- Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness’ “Fire Escape”
- Judah & the Lion’s “Take it all Back 2.0”
Ok, so I’m a total ROCK girl – my favorite bands include: Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Rise Against, HIM & 30 Seconds to Mars. HOWEVER, dancing is a fantastic way of raising your vibration and these bands don’t exactly have a lot of “dance hits”. 😉 In addition, it is important to note the emotional impacts that lyrics can have on us and our energy. ❤
If you’d prefer not to dance it out (or don’t have the mobility to, especially during the 3rd trimester or right after birth), try and at least listen to songs that lift you up! I’ve made a “HEART CHAKRA” playlist of high-energy songs like the ones listed above and play it whenever I need a pick-me-up. 🙂
Crystals for balancing the Heart Chakra:
- Unakite – I love this stone for pregnant mommas! It’s a crystal that is said to promote healthy conception, pregnancy and postpartum wellness. In addition, it’s a great universal love promoter and balances the Heart Chakra (it’s BOTH pink and green!).
- Rhodochrosite – This is an all-around fantastic stone for promoting self-love, compassion, and high-vibrations. Rhodochrosite also reduces stress and helps connect us to that special bond we’re building with our little one!
- Moss Agate – Often referred to as the “Birthing” stone, this crystal is fantastic for expecting mommas. It promotes all types of birth (including the birth of new projects or ideas), but especially resonates with pregnancy. In addition, it opens us up to the love of Mother Earth.
Essential Oils for balancing the Heart Chakra:
- Rosewood – I can’t get over this scent!!! Rosewood is a very floral and fresh scent that instantly lifts me up. I often diffuse this one by itself, it’s so lovely!
- NOTE: This EO is not available with doTERRA. My bottle is from SparkNaturals’ “Premium Oil of the Month Club” subscription, but they don’t sell it separately either. Instead, I’ve found a bottle for you lovelies at Rocky Mountain Oils, HERE.
- Roman Chamomile – if you’d prefer something a little more earthy for your Heart Chakra, Roman Chamomile is an excellent choice. It has a more calming effect on our energy centers. ❤
*Please stick with aromatic use or be sure to dilute appropriately for topical use! Pregnant mommas are super-sensitive to EO’s. 🙂
Tomorrow we’ll cover the Throat Chakra! ❤ Remember to take care of yourselves, lovelies!
Brightest Blessings, -Cory Gunn, CCH
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: None of the health topics presented here have been evaluated or approved by the FDA and should NOT be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your licensed physician regarding medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Use your best judgment, lovelies! ❤