For 2017, I’ve decided to journal my tarot and oracle experiences, with each month focusing on a new topic. I’m also chronicling my journey in a spiral-bound book, pictured below.
January was interesting as last month was the first time I participated in a social media challenge. This one was created by Tarot Guru, Ethony, called: “31 Days of Tarot”. She provided the following prompts for her 2nd annual tarot challenge:
- 2017 Reading – Energy + Major Lesson
- Top 5 Tarot Decks of 2016
- Top 5 Oracle Decks of 2016
- Top 5 Tarot Books of 2016
- Card that stalked me in 2016
- The deck I finally crossed off my wish list!
- Sum up 2016 in a card
- Most worked deck in 2016 & why
- Top 5 decks on my wish list
- Most impactful tarot moment of 2016
- My tarot goals for 2017
- Oracle decks I will work with in 2017
- Tarot decks I will work with in 2017
- Court Cards! Choose who you would Marry / Date / BFFs / Enemy (I changed this prompt to associate a court card with each of my family members)
- View on the Court cards – Are they outdated?
- Tarot Crush! (My Favorite Decks)
- My tarot journal(s)
- How do I pick decks for readings?
- Tarot Rituals! What I do before, during and after a reading
- Favorite tarot reference(s) in popular culture
- Do I read the guide books?
- Tarot and/or oracle decks for my personal use only
- Favorite storage options for decks (bags, boxes, etc.)
- What deck(s) do I wish existed?
- If I could read for 5 famous people (real / dead / alive), who would they be and why?
- Best tarot advise I’ve received
- Spread I’m working with now
- My favorite tarot reading “accessories”
- Tarot deck I’m stuck on, but haven’t given up yet!
- Favorite tarot card (either in art or meaning, or both!)
- What will I NOT do a reading about (where do I draw the line)?
Some things I learned while participating in the challenge:
- Posting daily was rough! It was easier when I pre-recorded the information and had the pics ready ahead of time (I was also trying to wrap-up my last month at work before maternity leave). Luckily, I wasn’t the only one who had this problem. 🙂
- 2016 was the year of the “Tower” for everyone! Ethony even pointed this out during one of her videos and I saw this with other folks as well. The “Tower” card clearly represented what everyone was feeling last year (and even a few weeks into this year!)
- I really suck at the whole Date / Marry / BFF / Kill game. Really – I struggled with this prompt!
- There are a LOT of decks that I want this year. And there are equally as many decks in my current collection that I haven’t spent as much time with, but would like to.
- I’m REALLY excited about obtaining my Holistic Tarot Certification through my Blossoms United team.
Over all, this was an eye-opening experience and I look forward to participating in next year’s challenge! Hopefully I’ll have my YouTube channel squared away at that point so I’ll be able to do video responses for each prompt (this was the only disappointment for me).
If you were able to participate in this challenge, I would love to hear about it in the comments below! For the month of February, I’m working on daily pulls – stay tuned for my thoughts on this practice next month. ❤
Brightest Blessings, -Cory Gunn, CCH